A kind of overview / literature review. Both in terms of what an eco-socialist future might look like. And the revolutionary transition needed to get there.
1. Climate crisis
Intro that explains the severity of the situation. see e.g. Zeller article.
2.1. Overview of different strands
- e.g. Half-Earth Socialism
- Climate Change as Class War: Building Socialism on a Warming Planet
- Climate Leviathan
- Social ecology
- Andreas Malm
- Climate Leninism and Revolutionary Transition gives a bit of an overview
In terms of their ideas on:
- strategy and tactics
- governance structures
- draw on some of the STS stuff in Cybernetic Revolutionaries
4. Technology for eco-socialism
- Anarchist Cybernetics
- Liberatory technology
- Technology of the Oppressed
- Tools for Conviviality
- The Lucas Plan, Just transition, Green New Deal, Technology Networks
- perhaps also looking at how technology might be used in some of the climate leviathan quadrants, as counterpoints
5. Points to intervene
With regards to systems thinking. What are the points to intervene in a system with regards to a transition to eco-socialism - earth system, political systems, economic systems? Through the lens of technology, presumably.
Netowkr technology (social media) was discussed heavily as part of the 2011 uprisings, though all of those ultimately did not bring a socialist. Another political approach needed, maybe another technology tool too?