The stuff commoners do to enjoy, curate and steward a commons.
commoners are engaged in in "world-making in a pluriverse" because that phrase captures the core purpose of commoning: the creation of peer-generated, context-specific systems for free, fair and sustainable lives.
commoning is primarily about creating and maintaining relationships - among people in small and big communities and networks, between humans and the nonhuman world, and between us and past and future generations.
See the Spheres of commoning.
1.1. In my garden
Notes that link to this note (AKA backlinks).
- Social Transformation Through 'The Commons'
- semi-permeable membrane
- How to help GNU Emacs maintainers?
- Commoning is a good way to solve coordination problems
- Silke Helfrich
- Governable stacks
- Metcalfe's law does not apply to commoning
- Choose Commons-Friendly Financing
- Commoning is based on a very different ontology from capitalism
- Complexity Science and Commoning
- Grace Lee Boggs
- David Bollier
- Beyond the horizontal and the vertical
- gift economy
- knowledge commoning
- Commoning represents a profound challenge to capitalism
- Holochain and commoning