- source: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cauliflower-macaroni-cheese
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
- Serves 4
- 250g macaroni
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into pieces
- 25g butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp English mustard powder
- 450ml milk
- 100g cheddar, grated
- Cook the macaroni following pack instructions, adding the cauliflower for the final 4 mins.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then stir in the flour and mustard powder and cook for 2 mins. Gradually add the milk, stirring all the time to get a smooth sauce. Add three-quarters of the cheese and some seasoning to the sauce.
- Drain the macaroni and cauliflower and stir into the cheese sauce. Transfer to an ovenproof dish, then sprinkle over the remaining cheese and flash under a hot grill until golden and bubbling. Serve with a green salad, if you like.
This was indeed pretty easy, and tasted pretty decent.
I used Violife vegan cheese and oat milk and it seemed fine.
I didn't have any mustard powder so I chucked in a bit of paprika.