Interesting thoughts on wikilinks and other ways of linking.
Thoughts from Agora matrix:
- it seems /they-can-be-slugs?
- at which point they seem actually the same shape as
[[wikilinks which are phrases]], but harder to write the longer they are
- I agree that the synonym problem is there for wikilinks, but I think doing things like
[[canonical | what you want to render]]is just one way of 'solving' that
- in the Agora I've been trying to not care about plurals/variations, assuming we will make them coalesce semantically/socially
- that feels like the best solution to me right now and could work as a counter-argument to Gordon's position? not that this needs to be a debate, more like a dialogue :)
- I don't fully grok what the suggested problem is with wikilinks - but Gordon's got lots of good thoughts/provocations so worth considering! Like the idea of modeless markup is a good one, but no reason why wikilinks can't be that.
- I don't think I would use a wikilink to link to an actual URL like in his example
- My own current 'issue' is that wikilinks tend to push me to linking specifically to a concept, rather than linking a chunk of text to a concept… and quite often that text is an interesting piece of meta-info on the link
- I used to do that but then stopped doing it in order to link specifically to node names
- But maybe I should go back to wikilinks which are phrases and see what happens, I like your idea that these things will coalesce over time one way or another