Seem to have mostly consumed things about socialism and ecology.
Plus Borish Johnson resigned - now wondering who will be least worse for the environment (as well as everything else) from the leadership contenders.
- Listened: Turning the Earth into Money w/ John Bellamy Foster
- carbon footprint is bunk
- Environmentalism is presently primarily the preserve of the professional-managerial class. It needs to be inherently valuable to the working class.
- Decarbonise electricity, then electrify everything.
- Climate sadism
- Free association of producers is a goal of socialism/communism.
- Net zero policies would reduce the cost of living. That's an incredibly important line of enquiry to pursue. Talk of degrowth isn't appealing if you're already on the breadline.
- 'The cost of living' is a wretched phrase.
- Reading: Marx's Vision of Sustainable Human Development
- I need to renew my passport. This is massively over subscribed and delayed in the UK right now. So I'm following a Twitter bot some guy made that tweets whenever new appointments are available. World beating service from the UK gov once again!
- Boris Johnson is going. This is good. (Boris Johnson is a liar etc).
- Steve Baker is in the news. This is not good.
- Listened: Adrienne Buller, "The Value of a Whale: On the Illusions of Green Capitalism"
- Looking at different options for publishing an org-roam-based digital garden because mine is currently horrendously slow. Nothing ticking all the boxes yet though.
7.1. In my garden
Notes that link to this note (AKA backlinks).