Reclaiming the stacks: reading*
Reading books and other things on ereaders.
Also consider: reading paper books.
- DRM-free epubs
- DRMed ebooks
- anything Amazon-related
- there's some open-source readers like the Open Book, but they don't have much functionality
- koreader installed on a second hand Kobo
- better than a Kindle
- hacking firmware of big tech ereaders
- new ebook readers from big companies
3. Labour / supply chains
- How much energy in the construction of an ebook reader?
- How much energy in the production of epubs?
- How much energy in the running of the various platforms/computers involved?
5.1. In my garden
Notes that link to this note (AKA backlinks).