A plain-text personal knowledge management system.
I use org-roam for my PKM (note-taking, digital garden, etc). Pretty much all of my digital garden is made using org-roam in fact. I started using it in March 2020.
I love it.
It is a note-taking tool for networked thought. The tool encourages a non-hierarchical note-taking workflow. With Org-roam, note-taking becomes effortless and fun: write notes wherever you want, and link them up however you want.
Some of my customisations of org-roam are here.
One downside, or at least something to mull upon - org-roam doesn't make much use of org's heading structure. It's all file-based, each note is a file. No problem with that right now, just it goes a little against how org mode tends to work?
2. Using roam-refs
4.1. In my garden
Notes that link to this note (AKA backlinks).
- Updating to org-roam 1.2.2
- Publishing org-roam via GitLab CI
- Figuring out org-roam-bibtex
- Preparing for org-roam v2
- Emacs Freex
- my social media usage
- Querying org-roam
- Software/services that I use
- Adding flashcards to your digital garden (with org-roam and Anki)
- [2021-04-04 Sun 09:23]
- Notes on my personal wiki config
- My personal wiki setup
- bliki tooling
- 2022 Week 16 Summary
- Personal wiki page size
- How I publish my wiki with org-publish
- Publishing your org-roam wiki map to the web: overview
- Wiki graphs
- How personal is a personal wiki?
- Convert a folder of org files to markdown
- org-roam vs denote
- Updating to org-roam 1.2.3
- Tools for thought
- Leo Vivier
- My information strategy