- Listened: Microdose: Californian Capitalism
- More interesting stuff in there. Some of the later history around Palo Alto, the internet, militarism, Leftist protests, possible liberatory potential (or not) of the internet.
- Writing: Reclaiming the stacks: August 2023 roundup
- Read: 'A certain danger lurks there': how the inventor of the first chatbot turned against AI
- "Perhaps his most fundamental heresy was the belief that the computer revolution, which Weizenbaum not only lived through but centrally participated in, was actually a counter-revolution. It strengthened repressive power structures instead of upending them."
1.1. In my garden
Notes that link to this note (AKA backlinks).