- Two recent learnings about the Greater London Council of the 1980s that I really liked:
- 1. they set up a number of spaces called Technology Networks - democratic, community-based workshops focused on socially useful production (h/t Internet for the People)
- 2. they turned the previously pricey/exclusive Royal Festival Hall into a freely accessible public space (h/t The Care Manifesto)
- I like learning about municipal successes, gives you some cause for hope when national politics is so bilious. (GLC was doing this during Thatcher years. Of course, the Tories disbanded it, so…)
- Listened: To Talk of Organization – on Nunes’ Neither Vertical nor Horizotal
1.1. In my garden
Notes that link to this note (AKA backlinks).