- I watched Joker last night. It was undoubtedly well made. Joaquin Phoenix is a fantastic actor. The eat the rich vibe I am on board with, but it had a kind of incel vibe too that was unpleasant.
- Season 2 of node club has begun!
- There was a good chat on Agora discuss yesterday about wikilinks, tags, and wikilinks vs tags.
- And with impeccable timing the latest issue of Gordon Brander's newsletter is on the topic: All you need is links.
- There was a lot of nuance from the chat yesterday, but I think the conclusion was along the lines of: sometimes it's useful to have one-directional links, and this is what tags are. You can do that with wikilinks fine, but having a specific syntax for them enables filtering them out of other views (e.g. graph views).
org-publish-current-filefeels slower to me. Since updating to org-roam v2.2.0?
- Newly created nodes don't seem to be getting registered in id locations.
- If I run
org-roam-update-org-id-locationsthen it's OK. But I don't want to have to do that for every new node.
- Reading the news.
- Reading the opinions. Most related to the Policing bill.
- Governing complex economies and societies by consent is hard
- Democracy is in retreat worldwide
- The wise democratic government takes note of large-scale protest
- The policing bill is an embrace of a new authoritarianism
- The Public Order Act already makes peaceful protest harder than in almost every other democracy
- Listened: Platform Socialism and Web3
1.1. In my garden
Notes that link to this note (AKA backlinks).