- Read: The Hammer - Bill Gates wants your money
- Picking out some choice quotes from The Left Hand of Darkness.
- Read: Working Around Post Kinds Plugin Lock-In – Interdependent Thoughts
- I need to do something like this, too.
- Perhaps obvious but a nice little lightbulb flash for me, was that systems thinking appears to generally be a recent incarnation / labelling of (a particular part of?) cybernetics. Makes reading on cybernetics feel less like learning a dead language, and makes systems thinking feel a bit more weighty.
- Whenever I get that stab of feeling like there's too many ideas to explore, too many books to read, too little time to do it in, I remind myself not to turn to productivity systems, efficiency improvements and the like, but to knowledge sharing and communities of practice, and remind myself that you don't need to know it all, knowing things is not just an individual pursuit but a collective endeavour.
- Biology of love
- Listened: Ray Ison and Ed Straw, "The Hidden Power of Systems Thinking: Governance in a Climate Emergency".
- I wonder if I should be using Org Cite in some way.
1 Elsewhere in the garden
Notes that link to this note (AKA backlinks).