A social network made out of the World Wide Web. Not locked in to big monolithic platforms (Facebook, Twitter).
At the heart of the IndieWeb is an attempt to unify the ideas behind personal websites, blogs and social networks, but in a manner consistent with how the world wide web operates.
My website at https://doubleloop.net is an IndieWeb site.
Your website acts much like your wall on Facebook or your timeline on Twitter - it's your personal soapbox, your castle on the web.
[…]one recreates, in a decentralized manner, the kinds of online interactions one has come to expect from private social networks.
1 Misc notes
- rss-bridge: https://github.com/RSS-Bridge/rss-bridge
1.2 The fedi apps are essentially social readers
- readers with built in interaction
- the problem is that they only implement the mastodon api
- not AP removed from that
- i can't use my AP enabled site and plug into an existing fed reader
- fed readers should implement AP, not mastodon APIs
1.3 Offline/local/sneakernet IndieWeb
- something like Secure Scuttlebutt, but using IndieWeb building blocks
- quite a few related brainstorming sessions already taken place:
- I'd imagine would use static sites/git/locally-hosted webmention services (telegraph/webmention.io), something like that