Reimagination of the party structure through digital platforms. Populism via digitality. Strategic organising online.
emerging organisations such as Momentum, the Five Star Movement, Podemos, France Insoumise and many others as “digital parties”, or “platform parties,” […] these formations are transforming themselves, following the logic of the digital platforms of contemporary capitalism and mimicking operations like Facebook, Google, Apple and Amazon.
– Momentum, Labour and the Rise of the Platform Party, Paolo Gerbaudo
- NovaraFM: Log On! the Rise of the Digital Party
- Momentum, Labour and the Rise of the Platform Party
- All hail the hyperleaders – the bellicose insurgents using the web to seize control
- Building the Brexit party: how Nigel Farage copied Italy's digital populists