- "As hierarchical society gives way to genuine democracy,
is the institutions we orgnise and experiment with today that will become the replacements."
- "By meeting basic community needs, such institutions
rupture capitalism's control over people's lives."
- "Every city has its graveyard of nonprofits, cooperatives,
social clubs and community centres. Without the more complex infrastructure of a whole solidarity economy ecosystem, our local projects cannot possibly amount to a systemic alternative to capitalism."
- I like this article.
- talking about dual power.
- we build the grassroots movements, but we also have to think about the bigger picture.
- similar to inventing the future, similar to cooperation
- without a joined up bigger picture, it won't happen.
- they seem to suggest that both the solidarity economy and social economy/bookchin ideas might be the way of getting
to this point.