Getting long in the tooth now, stuck on Android 6. Couldn't install Termux!
2 Back stuff up
- Use List My Apps app to export a list of installed apps.
- files are already on external storage or synced elsewhere.
- Google Authenticator
- backup data
- list of podcasts as OPML
- Typing Hero
- export to csv
Need to get adb installed on to my laptop first. I might have it already, but probably best to get the latest.
Then download and install Lineage.
- Install heimdall
- Test heimdall
- need to switch to root to access /dev/usb
- install recovery
- just go with the lineage one.
- When the status message in the top left of the devices’s display reports that the process is complete, you may proceed.
- this never happened, but everything was OK.
- install lineage from recovery
- install gapps from recovery
- noticed interesting 'Set Warranty Bit: recovery' and 'Set Warranty Bit: kernel' when booting
5 Google Apps
I need these on my phone sadly. Do this at the same time as Lineage, pretty much.
6 Post install setup
- why do I have to format my SD card? that's annoying.
- install fdroid
- install fennec
- install open launcher
- install ameixa
- install wpgen, set background to black
- install syncthing
- sync org folder
- install orgzly
- install keepassdx
- install antennapod, import opml
- install tusky
- install indigenous
things i forgot to backup
- orgzly searches
- openlauncher settings