- 150g dried pasta- penne/fusilli (75g per person)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 chopped deseeded chilli (green or red)
- 1/2 chopped onion (and 1 chopped garlic clove if desired)
- 4 chopped mushrooms
- 1 chopped courgette or carrot (or 1/2 chopped courgette and 1/2 chopped carrot)
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- (1 tin of tuna for non veggies/ fish lovers)
Serves 2: prep time 10-15 mins. Cooking time: 45 mins.
- Boil water in a pan and add pasta to cook for about 10-15 minutes
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 200 degrees and prepare vegetables
- Add onion (and garlic if desired) with chopped chilli to a seperate pan and add spray oil
- Cook for 3 minutes stirring well
- Add remaining ingredients to the onion+chilli- again stir well making sure all the vegetables are coated with the chopped tomatoes
- At this point people who like fish could add 1 tin of tuna to the mixture but this step is not necessary!
- Leave mixture on lowest heat, cover and simmer until the pasta is cooked
- Once pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the mixture and stir
- Transfer pasta mixture into an oven proof dish
- Cook in oven for 20 mins (if you want the pasta to have a crispy texture on top cook for a further 10 mins)
- Divide into 2 bowls and season with pepper
3 My Notes
This was super easy and tasted really nice.
Would be better with cheese, but fine for when haven't got any, or avoiding dairy.
20 minutes was fine.
I used crushed chilli rather than a fresh chilli.
I added some red pepper pesto to use it up, and it seemed alright.